European Social Fund+ (ESF+)
About the ESF+
The European Social Fund+ (ESF+) constitutes one of the funding instruments of Cohesion Policy in Cyprus, along with the European Regional Development Fund, Cohesion Fund and Just Transition Fund.
The ESF+ invests on the human resources, mainly on the sectors of employment, social cohesion and education, training, and life-long learning, while debating the founding principles of gender equality, fighting against any form of discrimination and promoting equal opportunities for everyone.
No Data Found
Fund Contribution to Cohesion Policy
For the programming period 2021-2027, the resources that have been allocated to Cyprus by the ESF+ amount to €222.2M.
No Data Found
Contribution of Fund Resources to Policy Objectives (PO)
Support Areas per Policy Objective (PO)
PO4: A more Social and Inclusive Europe
ESF+ Contribution: €212.2M
- Modernisation of labour market institutional bodies
- Incentives for hiring unemployed persons
- Promotion of young people employment
- Activation of women figures in the labour market
- Development of professional education and training
- School Actions for Social Inclusion
- Training of labour force
- Active integration of vulnerable population groups
- Improvement of social services
- Pre-school education and care
The ESF+ funding will be utilised through the Programme “THALIA 2021-2027”, whose Management Authority is the Directorate General Growth, Ministry of Finance.